Grants

Find current Federal Government grant programs here.

Scullin Volunteer Grants - Expressions of Interest

Applications Close 23 April 2021

The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a closed non-competitive process to apply for a Volunteer Grant.

The Scullin electorate has been allocated up to $132,450 for this grants program.

To ensure that all organisations have a fair chance of securing a grant, I am seeking Expressions of Interest before formal nominations are made. I must take into account the local needs of the community, the need to support a broad range of organisations delivering diverse activities, and the capacity of each organisation to manage the grant.

The Expression of Interest Form is due by 5pm, Friday 23 April 2021.

To be eligible for funding an organisation must be:
• Invited by their Federal MP to apply
• Have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for the organisation
• Be a legal entity and a not-for-profit organisation
• Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
• Have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying

The grant of between $1,000 and $5,000 must be used on activities or items that directly benefit the work of volunteers.

It can be used to purchase eligible small equipment items, contribute to volunteers' fuel costs, and assist with the cost of training courses and background checks for volunteers.

Attached is a list of eligible items - they must be portable, tangible and bought for the benefit of volunteers.

A nomination to submit an application does not guarantee that your application will be successful. Applications will be considered in the order in which the Department receives them, until the funding cap is reached. The Community Grants Hub will review applications against eligibility criteria, with only eligible applications receiving a grant.

For more information about the Volunteer Grants go to: www.communitygrants.gov.au or contact Lori in my office on 9404 1911.