When he’s not in Canberra Andrew spends much of his time out and about in the Scullin electorate. From Lalor and Thomastown to South Morang and Mernda, Andrew is proud to have a record of strong advocacy for the Scullin community.
In the 2019 federal election Andrew's local commitments for Scullin should a Federal Labor Government be elected included $19 million in extra funding for local public schools, restoring $7.25 million in funding to Northern Health, $500,000 for a Wollert rail feasibility study, and $650,000 for a Northern Hospital digital health pilot project.
O’Herns Rd upgrade
Andrew, together with state MPs and local council colleagues, strongly campaigned for a Federal Government commitment for this essential infrastructure project. $25.8 million of the $81 million spent on the project comes from the Federal Government due to our community’s campaigning efforts.
- replacing the roundabout at the O’Herns Rd and High St intersection with traffic lights
- duplicating O’Herns Rd to four lanes through to the Hume Fwy
- building a new interchange between the Hume Fwy and and O’Herns, as well as adding merging lanes
Andrew has continued to lobby the Federal Government to make the necessary environmental approvals needed for Stage 2 of this project to proceed, and is pleased that in late 2019 this is now moving forward.
Read more about the project on the Major Roads Projects website by clicking here
Scullin Stronger Communities Programme
This grants program, which operated in four stages, has delivered $150 000 in funding to a diverse range of local organisations, community groups and projects in Scullin. These include;
- Whittlesea Community Connections - Aboriginal recognition piece, and outdoor art and play area
- Camp equipment for Epping North Scout Group
- Facility upgrades for the Greek Orthodox Community of Whittlesea
- Social gathering space at Lalor Tennis Club
- Bicycle links project at Findon Primary School
- Upgrades to Epping Memorial Hall
- Development of community meeting spaces at University Hill Bundoora
- Shared user path for the Hume Freeway Trail in Thomastown
- Shade structure and solar panels for Creeds Farm, Epping North
- Building improvements for the Panagia Soumela Pontian Association of Whittlesea
- Epping Tennis Club upgrades
- Equipment for tapestry group based in Thomastown
- Facility upgrades for Whittlesea U3A
- 'Made in Thomastown' initiative by Thomastown Neighbourhood House